Easy and Delicious Sourdough Pancakes
Total Recipe Time – 12 Minutes
(Prep Time 6 Minutes)
Tip – Serve with savoury or sweet toppings of your choice!
- 50g butter,
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 2 heaped tsp Green Coffee Original
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200g sourdough starter (active or the excess you’d throw away)
- 2 eggs
- 260ml milk
- Sunflower oil for cooking
- Place butter in a small cup and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds on high. Pour flour, sugar, baking powder & Green Coffee into a bowl with the eggs, starter and milk. Whisk well until you have a thick, smooth batter, then whisk in the melted butter.
- Heat a splash of oil in a non-stick frying pan until sizzling. Ladle in a couple of tbsps of batter into the pan.
- Cook until bubbles start to form on the surface, then flip and cook the other side. (about 2 mins on each side).
- Repeat 6 times to create 3 pancakes per portion.
- Delicious served with smoked salmon and cream cheese or your favourite fruit, natural yogurt and a drizzle of honey.