A really good go-to when feeling peckish and needing an energy boost is hot mashed banana on sourdough toast, as recommended by our resident nutritionist, Emer Walsh:
“This snack ticks all the boxes: sweet, filling, warming, fibrous, delicious and oh-so-quick to whip up!”
Note: Add a side of chopped avocado for some healthy fats, a kiwi or 1/2 cup of berries for a vitamin boost. With a dusting of FIBRE89 Cinnamon, you add flavour depth, natural sweetness, and prebiotic fibre to this gut nourishing snack. Kids love this one!
- 1 Banana
- 1 Slice Sourdough
- 1 heaped tsp FIBRE89 Flavoured with Cinnamon
- 1 Kiwi
- 1 Handful of Berries of your choice!
- Trickle of LOCAL honey (For garnish)
- Chopped Avocado on the side (For healthy fats)
- Nut-Butter of your choice. Aim for organic, 100% nut (palm-oil free) brands with no added sugar.
- Mash banana over a slice of sourdough bread, using a fork to spread evenly. (Option: thinly spread your nut-butter on bread first)
- Shake teaspoon of FIBRE89 Flavoured with Cinnamon over the top.
- Place under the grill – until the banana softens and starts to turn golden (or your preferred consistency).
- Wash berries & prepare kiwi slices. (Option: chop avocado into cubes)
- When ready, arrange fruit on top, add trickle of honey if desired & enjoy!